Saturday, August 28, 2010

Booklist's Top Ten Westerns of the Decade

Booklist  has a list of its picks for the top ten Westerns of the decade; 2001 to 2010. The list is interesting and surprising, to me at least, because I have read only two of the novels. There are some familiar authors on the list--Loren Estleman, Robert Parker, Tim Champlin, Elmer Kelton and Bill Brooks.

I'm a little skeptical of it, too. Of the ten novels four were, or will be, published in 2010, which means that 2010 is either a renaissance year for Western fiction or the writer of the article tended to have a memory for his most recent reads. But all in all its not a bad listing of authors and there are more than a few that I added to my ever increasing list of books to read.

To read the article click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment